16 September, 2006

A Paris Tout Seul!





Le Seine









So David challenged me to a day alone in Paris...a little scary at first but a ton of fun once i realized I would be ok. Yes, I know what you all are thinking...Jenn navigating in France HA! is this a joke? the streets aren't even straight and they change names every block. But I walked all the way from the Louvre back to Choupette's apartment which is a little over a half hour and I survived.











Me at le Louvre



The day before, David and I walked for six hours and I was so tired. Holy crap! We walked to the Place de la Bastille, Cathedrale of Notre dame, the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, down the Champs Elysees, through the jardins de Tullieres to the Arc de Triomphe and then back home. It was amazing. There are different cathedrals everywhere. Taking a walk in Paris is like being in a museum, why would you want to take the metro???











A hospital in Paris






So back to today. I got myself all the way to the Louvre only to find it was closed. Not too sure why but I will try again tomorrow. I was really proud of myself for navigating anyway. Also I asked the guards in French if it was closed and actually understood their response...oui mais j'ouvert demain (yes, but it will open again tomorrow)...or something like this. YAY!!! Such progress. Well, tomorrow is another day alone so I'm sure to have some more stories. Salut!

Cathedral of Notre Dame, Paris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home